The Greenock Telegraph and Largs and Millport News are looking for a sports production and content creator to lead the coverage within our two award-winning titles.
You will be an ambitious, skilled and versatile sports journalist who is hard-working and full of ideas around innovative ways of presenting stories across print and digital platforms.
You will work primarily on the content of our busy daily title, but will also have responsibility for the small sports section in our weekly, the Largs and Millport News.
- Writing high-quality, accurate sports stories, live blogs and features where and when required.
- Crafting and posting social media posts to sell our stories and drive engagement
- Thinking creatively to come up with new story ideas and ways to deliver them.
- Building our subscriptions, digital audience and social media followings.
- The ability to manage – and think – quickly under pressure
- An adaptable style and approach to working patterns.
- The ability to construct and put together eye-catching inside and back pages.
- A sound grasp of design and experience in using InDesign software is essential to this task.
- Work with contributors and freelancers to edit and rewrite copy from local clubs and organisations to an excellent standard that is ready for publication.
- Flexibility to work to suit the needs of the titles
- Deal with accreditation for reporters at matches and source and contract freelance photographers to cover Greenock Morton.
Salary: Up to £25,000 DoE
Expires: 15:42 on 14 February 2023
For more information click here.