NBC News Digital seeks a breaking business news reporter
We’re seeking a reporter to cover breaking business news at NBC News Digital in New York.
In this position, you’ll work with NBC News Digital’s breaking news team as well as the network’s Business, Tech and Media unit to cover significant business news as it breaks. You’ll be able to write and report quickly and have previous experience covering business news for a general audience. You’ll be versatile, able to pivot between stories when news warrants it, and comfortable filing multiple stories in a day. You’ll cover business stories through the lens of the consumer, ranging from rising food costs to product recalls to retail trends. You’ll also cover major breaking news about companies, their employees and leadership, and how businesses are handling the pandemic.
You will make sure to contextualize the news by adding the right background information to stories, being mindful of the bigger picture.
- Writing clean, fast and accurate copy, headlines, and photo and video captions
- Pre-writing for announcements, news being released under embargo, etc.
- Developing sources and being in a position to deliver scoops
- Making full use of the range of NBC News resources, including network newsgathering and multimedia
- At least three years’ experience working in a newsroom and writing daily stories, including at least one year of experience covering business news
- Expertise writing headlines
- Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
- Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Experience writing for a digital-first publication.
- Experience monitoring social and search trends online.
- Experience writing consumer-oriented business news.
To apply, go here.