As a company, The Motley Fool’s mission is to “Help the world invest — better.”
Here at Fool.com, we help spread the word to millions of people each month by publishing hundreds of articles each week to our award-winning website. Whether it’s analyzing the latest earnings reports or helping investors find the next home run stock, our content is designed to help people take control of their financial lives.
And now we’re looking for the next Foolishly awesome SEO Editor and Operations Coordinator. In addition to editing articles with a focus on maximizing SEO wins for the long-term, this position will also provide operational support to help drive the overall SEO strategy for Fool.com.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to make the cut, enter the gauntlet by applying below.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Perform keyword research and grow our targeted keyword portfolio.
- Monitor daily performance of site rankings with a focus on defending and maintaining those rankings.
- Regularly review traffic and conversion data to gain insight into keyword and landing page performance.
- Assist with building and optimizing the internal linking strategy to maximize rankings.
- Conduct competitor analysis to identify gaps in our content coverage and areas of opportunity.
- Provide a variety of operational and administrative support tasks as assigned by SEO Lead.
- You will use the editing, writing, and investment skills you develop (or already have) to help writers improve their craft with an eye toward making long-term SEO gains.
- You’ll also be responsible for optimizing the business outcomes of SEO articles by analyzing performance data and ensuring articles align with SEO best practices.
We’re a dynamic, entrepreneurial team that seeks to balance editorial quality with business outcomes, so there are always ongoing projects and opportunities. Here are some examples:
- Business development, where we partner with other sites and businesses.
- Improving our processes.
- Pioneering a new content vertical.
- Working in conjunction with our marketing team (copywriting, data analysis, etc.) to convert satisfied Fool.com readers into paying members of one of our services.
- Article idea generation and maintenance.
- Ideas we haven’t thought of that you’ll contribute!
- Passionate about SEO and proactive in staying up-to-date on all the latest trends and best practices.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- A self-starter who learns quickly and is comfortable with rapidly evolving expectations. Be prepared to frequently face new challenges and adapt accordingly.
- Relentless pursuit of self-improvement. We want candidates who continually desire to be better.
- A professional billiards background.
- (Kidding about that last one.)
- Passionate about data-driven problem-solving.
- Candidate must “get” Foolishness, have a sense of humor, and work well in a collaborative environment.
- Position is full-time, in-house, in Alexandria, Virginia. We will not consider a “work from home” scenario. We want to see your shining face.
Education and Job Knowledge:
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, finance, or any relevant field. Equivalent experience may substitute.
- 1 – 3 years experience in a similar SEO-related role, with a focus on content strategy
- Knowledge and experience using website analytic tools (SEMrush, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Some knowledge of (or interest in learning about) investing in individual stocks and personal finance.
- Continuing personal education about the world’s best public companies and all things money-related.
To apply, go here.