We’re looking for a strong copy editor to join our New York-based team. In the role of markets copy editor, your primary responsibility will be to edit articles from Morningstar’s editorial Markets team for use on Morningstar.com. You will serve as a final editor on articles from the Markets team, editing copy for clarity, structure, accessibility, and jargon, as well as seeing it over the finish line to publication on the website. Some of these articles will require a fast turnaround time. In addition, you will edit articles destined for Morningstar.com from other teams at Morningstar. The pieces you will edit are authored by some of the industry’s best-known investing columnists, along with articles from our deep bench of analysts.
- Edit materials for consistency and correctness in AP style, grammar, spelling, logic, and content under deadline pressure.
- Ensure copy is formatted properly and meets Morningstar’s standards and style.
- Help manage the editorial workflow through a content management system.
- A minimum of two years’ experience editing articles on investing, financial markets or business.
- Excellent editing skills as proven through experience and the successful completion of Morningstar’s editing test.
- Ability to edit for content.
- Ability to coach writers in robust writing.
- Strong organizational skills to manage workflow, multitask, take on new projects, and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least three years of previous experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a content management system.
- Experience with Excel.
- Basic experience with graphics editing tools (such as Figma, Adobe InDesign, or Sketch).
Base Salary Compensation Range
$75,200.00 – $127,900.00
Total Cash Compensation Range
82,800.00 – 140,400.00 USD Annual001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity
To apply, go here.