We are introducing a vertical to Morning Brew, all about corporate finance, and we’re looking for an editor to lead and shape coverage. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that will allow you to shape the future of this exciting new publication. If you like the challenge of starting an outlet from the ground up, setting editorial strategy and helping reporters execute on stories, well, we’ve got the gig for you.
As part of Morning Brew’s business-to-business (B2B) editorial strategy, CFO Brew sits alongside five other B2B publications: Marketing Brew, Retail Brew, HR Brew, IT Brew and Emerging Tech Brew.
Much like every industry, there are massive headwinds CFOs and their teams face. From trying to combat fraud to working to hire, retain, and promote staff in the midst of a pandemic, corporate finance teams must have their ears to the ground on what’s coming next. The issues are myriad, and not just financially related: MeToo, BLM, covid, and advancements in technology all are shifting the way financial teams operate.
Beyond helping the CFO and their org chart navigate the seemingly byzantine structures of today’s corporate America, there’s also an opportunity to help financial professionals translate what they do and how they do it for C-level executives, board members, and shareholders.
Through a mix of humor and empathy, we will help the corporate financial executive understand their role in the workforce by reporting on both the strategic and tactical levels. Why a CFO does what they do, but also how.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
– Manage day-to-day operations of the CFO Brew newsletter production process, including assigning/approving stories, editing pieces, and writing headlines.
– Manage, coach, and develop a team of two reporters.
– Generate, develop, and execute ideas for non-newsletter products and other special editorial projects.
– Write stories if and as needed.
– Enforce Morning Brew editorial guidelines, editing content for high-level substance, Brew tone and voice, and standard copy.
– Support optimization of existing content processes and establish new ones where needed.
– Support analysis of audience trends.
What makes you qualified?
– At least 8 years of professional editorial experience
– At least 5 years experience managing a team of writers
– Ability to write in the Morning Brew style (engaging, informative, clever)
– Flexible worker who is equally motivated by strategic, long-term thinking and hands-on execution.
– Ability to intentionally experiment with, iterate on, and make hard decisions about new product offerings.
– Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration.
– Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines.
– Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms (email, social media, etc.) to engage with the target audience.
To apply, go here.