We are ramping up our work in video and are looking for an ambitious, creative, experienced and enthusiastic Director of Video to spearhead these efforts.
This is a leadership position in our newsroom. It’s perfect for a deeply experienced producer with management experience and passion for rigorous yet entertaining video storytelling. You have experience working with in-house and external talent. You have a creative flair and an entrepreneurial approach to non-fiction visual storytelling and journalism.
As Director of Video, you will develop our video content strategy, launch new series/products/franchises, build on existing series and create a powerful distribution playbook alongside our Director of Social and Director of Audio. You will manage a team of producers and creators and are comfortable working in a fast-paced digital newsroom. You like thinking big picture, but are also a “details person” and will ensure each video we produce is the best it can be.
Our audience continues to discover video in new places, and our goal is to meet them where they are. You have deep knowledge of the nuances of video platforms including Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat, YouTube, Facebook Watch and LinkedIn.
If you’re ready to lead a team charged with telling powerful visual stories that shape the modern business leader, this job is for you.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
· Guide editorial strategy and direction for Morning Brew’s video with the Head of Multimedia and Head of Content
· Build and manage a nimble team of producers and editors for all video properties
· Establish and manage efficient production and post-production workflows
· Generate new ideas to help push each show forward in the short and long term
· Ensure high quality editing and technical production for each show
· Manage and support the growth and development of our producers/editors
· Manage and support the growth and development of our hosts
What makes you qualified?
· 7-10 years of leadership experience in video journalism and production
· At least 4 years of experience managing a video team and/or video franchise
· Experience with remote production and working on tight deadlines
· Comfort with coordinating amongst several stakeholders including producers, production coordinators, studio managers, colorists, motion graphics artists, fact checkers etc.
· Experience with and passion for short, mid- and long-form video content
· A keen understanding of and excitement for the general business space
· An entrepreneurial, can-do attitude with a bias towards growth and creative risk taking
· Superior attention to detail and organization, especially when judging multiple projects
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
· Comfort with Premier
What else are we looking for?
A person with some good ‘ol values! We take that pretty serious here and want to make sure that whoever joins the Morning Brew team, believes in that too. If you had a cup of coffee with our employees, you would see that we are:
· Curious – We strive to learn every day through constant questioning and exploration.
· Purposeful – We do everything with the highest level of thoughtfulness, preparation and focus.
· Empathetic – We are good, genuine people who embrace others’ perspectives.
· Challengers – We approach every day with an underdog mentality and are never complacent.
To apply, go here.