Modern Healthcare seeks a DC reporter
Modern Healthcare, the preeminent source for healthcare business news, is seeking an experienced reporter to cover healthcare policy and politics. This position reports, writes and produces for all Modern Healthcare print and digital publications and is expected to generate other forms of editorial content including but not limited to blog posts, podcasts, video, webcasts and social media.
We are a creative and exciting workplace that values innovation and prioritizes in-depth, analytical reporting and narrative writing. The position will give the successful candidate an opportunity to break stories in the hotly competitive healthcare journalism space and serve our core audience of industry professionals and policymakers. Ideal candidates will also have sources within Capitol Hill and the savvy to make solid connections that allow this reporter to have a competitive edge.
Qualified applicants must have a deep interest in the industry and be able to tell stories that dig deep into trends, policy and programs that are changing the way healthcare is delivered and paid for in the U.S.
This position is based in Washington, DC.
- A minimum of five years’ healthcare business reporting experience required.
- B.A. in journalism or related field required
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- The ability to write accurately and clearly on very tight deadlines while also being able to engage readers with compelling copy.
- Able not only to cover the news and generate enterprise features, but report and write insightful analysis of the policy and political changes affecting the delivery and insuring of healthcare.
- Experience with multiple platforms.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Web publishing, multimedia and social media experience preferred.
- Interest and skills in database journalism.
- Audio and video reporting and photography experience a plus.
- Experience covering healthcare policy and politics.
- Experience covering Capitol Hill.
To apply, go here.