MLex seeks assistant editor in Washington
International regulatory news service MLex is seeking an Assistant Editor to aid the regional Managing Editor in the day-to-day supervision of coverage. An Assistant Editor must:
– Coordinate coverage with editors and Managing Editors in other regions.
– Provide authoritative guidance to reporters.
– Identify and communicate with the staff on the day’s coverage priorities.
– Line edit copy, not merely with an eye toward story organization, spelling and grammar, but to ensure that content achieves MLex’s standards for insight and exclusivity.
– Help establish and enforce style guidelines.
– Coordinate with newsletter editors and reporters to maintain the overall editorial voice of the publication.
– Perform production tasks related to newsletters.
– Coordinate with information technology staffers to improve internal processes.
– Coordinate with information technology staffers to set up and maintain the general technology infrastructure.
– Alert and work with appropriate contractors when technology problems arise.
– Act independently in the Managing Editor’s absence.
MLex assistant editors typically have advanced degrees in journalism or law and/or a decade or more of experience in a related field.
Founded in Brussels, MLex provides exclusive online news and analysis for legal and investment professionals interested in the regulation of antitrust, finance, trade, privacy, data security, bribery and corruption. With operations in Europe, the United States, Brazil and Asia, the company is expanding rapidly. The successful candidate will join the Washington, DC office, which is dedicated to covering the US business and regulatory environment.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.