MIT Tech Review seeks engagement editor
The MIT Technology Review is looking for an experienced social and engagement editor to help make its journalism a greater force for positive change in the world.
As someone who is passionate about engaging with readers of all stripes, in this role you will help the company deepen the bond with its audiences wherever they are.
That means helping the editorial team’s journalism have the biggest impact possible online, whether that’s reaching a big audience across the internet, reaching a smaller audience that’s really important for a story or involving audiences or communities in the making of a story.
You will also be working with the crack design team to create beautiful images and video that delight followers. It means engagement projects you plan from start to finish, on both existing and emerging platforms, that reach people and encourage them to interact and participate in these conversations about technology.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working on social media or audience engagement, preferably for a newspaper, magazine, or other media outlet. Bonus points if that experience involves science or tech journalism.
- You will be excited to take a holistic approach to engagement
- You love reading about complex, often serious topics, picking out eye-catching details, and crafting the perfect tweet/Facebook post/Insta post
- You know that traditional social media is just the beginning of a well-rounded audience engagement strategy, and you have got a track record to prove it
- You are brimming with ideas for how to develop lasting connections with readers
- You love experiments, gathering information on how those experiments have gone, and using that to improve for the next round
- You have a passion for headlines and are excited for the opportunity to help take TR’s headline game to the next level
- You will be prepared for life in the wilderness that is online comment sections, Reddit AMAs, and so on