MarketWatch seeks markets reporter
MarketWatch seeks a reporter who can distill the moves and whims of the market into smart, punchy news stories and analysis.
The candidate will be required to write daily columns, cover spot news, and bang out short pulses, as well as deeper dives.
- Monitoring all major financial markets, spotting trends and integrating into sharp, readable copy
- Writing headlines and news “pulses” under real-time deadlines
- Be in regular contact with traders, analysts, strategists and economists
- Writing markets enterprise stories and features
- Breaking out short news items into full stories
- Illustrating moves in markets with easy-to-read charts and graphs
Candidates must have a working understanding of stock and bond markets, as well as currencies and other assets, and must be able to work in a high-pressure environment and be able to interact easily with others and work closely with a team of motivated reporters across all the company’s bureaus.