MarketWatch.com seeks a markets reporter
Rising inflation, COVID chaos and economic uncertainty! What a time to cover financial markets! MarketWatch seeks a reporter who can separate the news from the noise and distill the break-neck swings in stocks and bonds into smart, punchy prose. Speed is important here, but we’re also interested in candidates who are accurate and can make connections others miss, spotting trends, insights, and longer-term implications that will give our audience the information they need to make savvy choices.
The candidate will be required to write daily columns, cover spot news, bang out short pulses, as well as deliver deeper dives. This reporter needs the ability to explain complex market analysis in a way that engages readers on our site and across other platforms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- monitoring all major financial markets, spotting trends and integrating into sharp, readable copy
- writing headlines and news “pulses” under real-time deadlines
- be in regular contact with traders, analysts, strategists and economists
- writing markets enterprise stories and features
- breaking out short news items into full stories
- illustrating moves in markets with easy to read charts and graphs
Candidates must have a working understanding of stock and bond markets, as well as currency, commodities and other assets. Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment and be able to interact with grace with a team of reporters across all of our bureaus.
To apply, go here.