Marketplace is seeking an individual who has an active interest in journalism and digital platforms.
- Help to source, optimize and place relevant images into digital stories
- Research and add links to previous MP articles and other sources in new Marketplace stories
- Work with team members to rewrite radio stories into website articles
- Use SEO best practices to help come up with headlines and descriptions geared toward search engine optimization
- Help curate special sections, collections and possibly Homepage, making sure they are kept up to date and as time permits, write occasional original articles with your own byline to be published on Marketplace.org
- Enrolled senior in an undergraduate or Master’s program OR have earned a degree within the last 18 months
- Self-starter with an interest in journalism and how economic news intersects with people’s lives
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work both independently and collaboratively
In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) with answers to the following:
- What professional skills would you like to add to your toolbox in the months and years to come to grow in your career field?
- Where do you see yourself professionally in five-years and how will this role help you achieve that goal?
For more information, go here.