Marketplace’s On Demand intern would work on Marketplace’s growing portfolio of on demand programming, focusing mainly on two of its podcasts: ‘The Uncertain Hour’ and ‘This Is Uncomfortable.’
The On Demand unit is a strategic growth area for the company. It is a primary channel through which Marketplace seeks to increase the size and diversity of its audience, reach new audiences where they choose to listen, and drive revenue and relevance.
- Learn and perform a variety of production, research, administrative, and editorial tasks, including cutting tape, and writing digital copy
- Contribute ideas for episodes, with a collaborative editorial team
- Conduct pre-interviews for podcast guests
Enrolled senior in an undergraduate or Master’s program OR have earned a degree within the last 18 months
- Basic knowledge of audio editing
- A demonstrated interest in journalism and a demonstrated interest in podcasts
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- Self-starter with an appetite for learning audio skills
In addition to your skills and knowledge, the company wants to get to know you in the application process. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) with answers to the following:
- What professional skills would you like to add to your toolbox in the months and years to come to grow in your career field?
- Where do you see yourself professionally in five-years and how will this role help you achieve that goal?