Louisville Public Media seeks data reporter
Louisville Public Media is looking to hire a data reporter who will work with reporters and editors to produce explanatory graphics and interactive tools, analyze relevant data sets, and find stories in data.
- A journalism background
- Knowledge of data processing language, Python, R, Node
- Mapping skills QGIS
- Ability to work on multiple long-term and short-term projects at the same time
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator or similar products
- AWS or other server management skills
- Ability to see the stories in complex data sets
- Team player
Special consideration will be given to candidates familiar with WordPress; Mapbox or leaflet online mapping platforms; analytics platforms such as Google Analytics and Chartbeat.
This position is based in Louisville, Kentucky.