LA Business Journal seeks a reporter
The Los Angeles Business Journal, the leading source of news and information for the Los Angeles business community, is seeking an enterprising and energetic reporter for our print and digital properties.
This reporter will deliver up-to-the-minute coverage of the companies and executives that shape L.A.’s dynamic business landscape.
The person in this role will report to the Editor and will provide coverage with context. The reporter will deliver a mix of breaking news and feature stories for the print edition, as well as long-form content for special reports and special issues.
In addition, the reporter will generate daily stories for the Business Journal’s digital platform and contribute to the publication’s social media accounts.
- Build and maintain a network of sources and relationships with key players across the L.A. business community.
- Develop a deep knowledge of people, companies and business trends across the region.
- Provide breaking news stories and impactful features for print and digital platforms, often on tight deadlines.
- Pitch topics daily for print and digital platforms.
- Minimum of two years’ experience covering business or news at a print or digital outlet.
- Ability to deliver quality content and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of companies and people in the Los Angeles business community.
- Demonstrated ability to connect on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
*Please note that this job will start remote but will ultimately transition back to our office in West LA. Local candidates only please.
To apply, go here.