Investor’s Business Daily seeks a business editor
Investor’s Business Daily seeks a Business Editor to lead a team of reporters covering breaking news and features about the most important companies and industries. Our journalists serve an audience of self-directed investors, delivering news, stock analysis, market insights and educational content that helps them make more money in the stock market. This position is expected to be remote; however, working from IBD’s Los Angeles headquarters also is an option.
The Business Editor assigns news and feature stories to a team currently comprised of five reporters and quickly edits their content for the Investors.com website. The focus is on companies and industries that currently are leading the stock market or other high-profile companies (though mostly excluding the technology sector, which is covered by a separate team). Along with other editors, the Business Editor also takes part in curating the home page, creating newsletters and editing content for the IBD Weekly newspaper.
- Supervise business reporters; provide regular feedback and guidance and track performance.
- Assign, edit and optimize engaging and well-sourced articles that benefit investors, leveraging IBD’s stock market research and investing principles as appropriate.
- Keep up to date on business and economic news and trends, including the general market, IBD indexes and IBD stock performance lists.
- Ensure content is optimized well for SEO and engagement. SEO includes web headlines, SEO page titles, URLs, meta descriptions and keywords, as well as hyperlinks inserted in the body of articles.
- Use databases, stock charts and other financial tools to guide assignments to reporters. IBD stock research services are crucial tools to master and use daily; training will be provided.
- Participate in social media to promote IBD content and help develop IBD’s web audience.
- Use real-time and historical metrics to gauge content success and your team members’ performance.
- Help increase content exposure and engagement, such as by curating the home page and topic pages, creating newsletters and sending alerts.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least five years of experience as a reporter or editor, including some financial journalism.
- Strong editorial judgment, attention to detail and accuracy in your writing and editing.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including headline writing.
- Strong understanding of financial statements, the stock market and 24-hour business news cycle.
- Good people and communication skills.
- Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and samples or links to 3 to 6 examples of written work.
- Proficient in data analytics tools such as Parse.ly, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and Chartbeat.
- Solid understanding of SEO, social media and audience engagement methods with the ability to execute best practices established by IBD.
To apply, go here.