Investopedia seeks an associate editor
Investopedia is looking for an editor to join our team to help us deliver on our mission to simplify complex topics for our readers and give them the confidence to take action. In this case, you’ll be responsible for making sure we have the most thorough, well-researched, reliable, and insightful trading and investing coverage in the market. From how Amazon makes money, to the top ETFs for tracking the S&P 500, to the top shareholders of Apple, you’ll ensure our coverage is up to date and delivering valuable insights to our readers.
You will do this by running the editorial processes around improving existing content on the site, creating new content, and ensuring compliance when needed. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience covering the financial markets and editing stories for a mass market audience.
About Your Contributions
- Work with our Director, Trading & Investing to shape and define editorial strategy for business coverage to deliver the highest quality and most actionable education and insight in the category.
- Own the process around the creation, improvement, and updates of thousands of relevant pieces of content.
- Edit and coordinate email newsletters focused on financial news and market analysis.
- Work with freelancers to enhance stories with data visualization.
- Coordinate a team of freelance subject-matter experts and editors to tackle editorial projects that improve the quality of our trading and investing content.
- Stay on top of industry trends and developments to make sure our coverage is always up to date.
- 1-3 years of editorial experience, ideally in digital publishing
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, Finance or Economics.
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong editorial skills and keen sense of what content works well online in personal finance.
- Demonstrated experience working with freelance editors and writers to create great content at scale.
- Intuitive understanding of how to identify and create the best possible content on a particular topic.
- Self-starter who can develop scrappy solutions to solve challenges impeding your roadmap.
- Strong desire to help make people smarter in their financial lives.
To apply, go here.