Investment News seeks mutual fund, ETFs reporter
InvestmentNews, the leading information source for financial advisers, is looking for a smart, aggressive and digitally-savvy journalist to cover mutual funds, ETFs and other savings and investment vehicles used by financial advisers.
This beat is extremely important and influential, and we are looking for a real news hound to own it. To do well on this beat, you must be able to unearth news in an extremely competitive space and craft compelling stories that go beyond the obvious. You must also be adept at explaining complex investment ideas clearly and concisely and be able to write compelling personality-driven features and profiles.
You should also be skilled at utilizing social media to engage with readers, and comfortable assuming the role of “subject matter expert” – both on camera as well as off.
If you’re passionate about investing, persistent in your reporting, able to hit deadlines and reasonably fun to work with, we’d like to hear from you.
- Write and deliver daily news stories about investing and the asset management industry with the financial adviser’s perspective in mind.
- Produces feature-length stories on news, trends and issues that affect the investments beat and are relevant to financial advisers and their clients
- Engages readers through social media, blog posts and video
- Moderate webcasts, roundtables and panel discussions on beat-related issues
- Attend and report on beat-related conferences and industry gatherings
- 3+ years experience in business journalism
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interact with heavy hitters from the financial services world
- The ability to think and write broadly and be adept at balancing short-term coverage and breaking news with features and longer-term assignments
- Demonstrated news judgment
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Experience writing under tight deadlines
- Skilled at generating story ideas, writing cleanly and coherently, developing sources, breaking news, and working quickly with minimum supervision
- Experience writing for all platforms: digital, print, video, newsletters
- Experience writing analytical trend and enterprise pieces as well as breaking news stories
- Ability to travel as needed
- Team player who can work in a collaborative news organization
- Portfolio / examples of recent and relevant work which demonstrates business journalism experience
- Background in covering financial services, especially wealth management
- A deep contact list in the financial advice profession
- A familiarity with InvestmentNews: what and who we cover
- The ability to shoot and edit video
- A large social media following
To apply, go here.