International Business Times seeks deputy breaking news editor
The International Business Times is looking for an experienced deputy to work alongside our breaking news editor in shaping daily coverage.
The ideal candidate must have experience covering hard-hitting breaking news stories, as well as smart analysis. The candidate should be well versed across all news topics, including business, politics, international news and culture. The candidate will juggle writing and editing multiple stories a day for IBT’s growing global newsroom. This position is based in New York City.
– Identify and develop stories that have impact
– Edit stories with style and insight and prepare them for print online
– Work with talented reporters with varying levels of experience
– Help manage reporters working under intense deadlines
– Aggressively pursue smart analysis and news stories
– News junkie eager to get ahead of the latest developments
– Solid news judgment
– Experience covering national or international news stories
– Polished writing
– Familiarity with social media as a journalism tool
– High standards of editorial integrity
– Ambitious, accurate and resourceful
– Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese or Arabic language skills preferred
– Authorization to work in the U.S. is mandatory
IBT Media is a global digital news organization based in New York City, delivering news and insight to over 30 million monthly readers across the world. To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume and five clips to the breaking news editor at email@example.com.