International Biz Times seeks breaking news reporter
International Business Times is looking for a breaking news reporter specializing in business, market news and finance who can keep us ahead of the news cycle and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will write with authority on the most important business stories around the world each day for IBT’s growing global newsroom. This position reports directly to the Breaking News Editor. The job is based in New York City.
- Identify and develop stories that have impact
- Write multiple news stories throughout the day under tight deadlines for national and international audiences
- Work with editor to develop a beat of national and international interest
- Aggressively cultivate sources and pursue smart analysis
- Solid news judgment
- Experience covering business stories in innovative ways, including stories focused on: Wall Street, the global recession, economic development, SEC filings, Fortune 500 companies and real estate
- Polished writing
- Familiarity with social media as a journalism tool
- High standards of editorial integrity
- Ambitious, accurate and resourceful
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is mandatory
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume and five clips to the breaking news editor at email@example.com.