Insider Inc. is hiring an editor to work on the Big Tech companies team. We are seeking diverse, experienced, and passionate candidates who can further our mission:
- Write agenda-setting, impactful stories about the most powerful and interesting technology companies, including Amazon, Alphabet, Facebook, Apple, Uber, and Palantir.
- Break news on important new technologies with tough and open minds in clear, understandable prose.
- Cover the entrepreneurs and engineers who are leading their fields and exploring, or breaking, new boundaries.
This person must be able to motivate a team of reporters with sharp story assignments, edits and coaching. They need to be enthusiastic and strategic about advancing and owning major Big Tech stories.
Tech knowledge is a plus, but experience editing and managing a growing team of reporters is what we’re really looking for. If you’re eager to branch out into this exciting industry, this is the job for you.
The tech editor will bring great communication and listening skills. This person is flexible and able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced newsroom. They are a team player who is excited about working in an inclusive, fun environment.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Be comfortable editing scoops, exclusive features, and ambitious investigative projects in a timely manner.
- Have excellent news judgment to decide quickly on coverage priorities.
- Be frank and polite about feedback to help reporters grow, while always being quick to reward great work.
- Have experience developing newer reporters, while inspiring star journalists to stretch themselves.
- Value diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, story assignments, and sourcing.
- Be well-versed in beat reporting and able to coach reporters on sourcing tactics that help them break into major companies.
- Advise and encourage reporters to generate consistent original reporting that other publications need to chase and executives need to read.
- Be a team player who actively collaborates with Insider’s other reporting teams to elevate all of our tech coverage.
If this sounds like your dream role, APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter explaining why you want to be a tech editor and how you will help our team get better every day. Please include links to relevant clips in your application.
To apply, go here.