This is a unique opportunity to join the largest and most highly recognized news team in the Washington, D.C., suburbs of Northern Virginia. InsideNoVa is seeking a dogged reporter to cover Prince William County Public Schools, the city of Manassas and general news in and around Northern Virginia.
- The ideal candidate will have two to three years of newsroom experience
- Recent graduates with a strong resume and winning clips will be considered.
- Photography and digital media skills are required.
- This is a local, on-the-ground reporting position.
- Sourcing and getting to know the community are imperative.
- The ideal candidate lives in and is familiar with Prince William County and Northern Virginia, but a talented, eager reporter willing to live or relocate nearby will certainly be considered.
- While there will be events and meetings to cover most weekdays, there are remote aspects of the job.
- Most weeks you’ll be able to work from home a day or two. We’re a flexible, team-oriented company that understands the modern workplace.
The best way to get a sense for the position and our expectations is to peruse InsideNoVa’s coverage of the School Board, Manassas City Council and other items at InsideNoVa.com.
InsideNoVa.com and its award-winning weekly InsideNoVa-Prince William newspaper are locally owned by Rappahannock Media LLC, which also owns weekly and bi-weekly newspapers in Rappahannock and Culpeper counties, a group of community magazines in Loudoun, Prince William, Fauquier and Stafford counties and the digital property FauquierNow. InsideNoVa.com was redesigned earlier this year.
Interested? Email InsideNoVa Editor Trevor Baratko at email@example.com. Please include a resume, three examples or links to your work, references and salary expectations.
For further information click here.