Industry Dive seeks a managing editor
The Managing Editor of Industry Dive will oversee several business publications and manage the teams of journalists who put them together. The Managing Editor will set editorial direction and strategy, spearhead major editorial initiatives, and mobilize their teams to act on challenges and opportunities.
The Managing Editor will also hire and onboard new team members; train, coach and mentor their staff; manage resources and budgets; and lead the teams forward. This position reports to the Editor in Chief.
What you can bring to the table:
- Ability to hire, coach and lead teams of editors and reporters
- Ability to build compelling editorial products that resonate with business readers
- Strong instincts for understanding the needs of niche business audiences
- Strong knowledge of digital news and/or business journalism
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with 2+ years as a manager
- Bachelor’s degree or better in journalism, English or similar field
- Experience covering business news preferred; knowledge of specific beats a plus
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com