HuffPost is looking for a senior trends reporter to help lead our entertainment coverage. The right candidate is a person who can identify what the internet is obsessing over right now and how these stories will likely develop and be talked about in the hours to come.
You’ll need to be a fast, versatile writer with a wide knowledge of pop culture. We expect this reporter to be comfortable filing three-to-five stories on a typical day and flag other stories for other reporters to cover.
Entertainment news is the primary focus for this job, but like all trends reporters, you’ll be expected to be versatile enough to write on politics, business, science, lifestyle, and sports when the situation calls for it.
As a senior reporter, you’ll also be expected to help lead HuffPost’s coverage for major entertainment events, such as the Oscars and Grammys. This position requires the reporter to work regularly scheduled weekend shifts and some holidays as well as non-traditional hours.
- Identify the next big thing on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other social media
- Keep up with news trending on Google and other search platforms
- Work with assignment editors to develop story angles to develop original stories for HuffPost
- File three to five stories a day
- Work with copy editors, the photo team, front page editors and other newsroom teams
- Have 3-5 years of journalism experience
- Be a voracious consumer of news
- Be able to work independently and at a fast pace
- Have a knack for writing shareable headlines and for packaging stories in a visually appealing way
- Understand SEO and AP style
Salary: 84,141-100,000 USD
For details click here.