We’re looking for an enterprising, audience-focused and collaborative Breaking News Reporter to join Hearst Connecticut Media at a time when we’re growing digital subscriptions.
This reporter’s work would appear on HCMG’s new statewide site CTInsider.com and across our network. They would contribute topical daily stories and in-depth enterprise pieces of high interest to readers.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with editors, other reporters, photographers and audience team members to tell impactful stories across platforms that engage and retain local subscribers and other readers
- Reports and writes quickly and effectively to break news online and follows up when appropriate with more in-depth enterprise pieces
- Demonstrates a comfort level with analyzing and interpreting metrics and uses them to inform coverage decisions in real-time and the long-term
- Effectively shoots and edits photos and video to accompany stories and is able to live tweet or go live on Facebook when it’s warranted for bigger breaking stories
- Experience writing or editing at a newspaper, news website or magazine
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, English, communications or related field preferred
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline-driven environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a proven ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks
- Ability to speak a second language like Spanish a plus
- Valid driver’s license and a working vehicle are required for this position
Send a cover letter, resume and clips for review.
For more details click here.