Pittsburgh Biz Times seeks an associate editor
The Pittsburgh Business Times is looking for an Associate Editor to join our team.
The Associate Editor is a critical player in planning and producing our special reports and honoree publications, and creating a content plan that aligns with our editorial and events calendar. The ideal candidate is adept at planning and executing special sections for both print and digital audiences, assigning and editing news and trend stories and other content.
The Associate Editor also works with other departments to ensure the excellence and integrity of awards publications, events and other cross-departmental activities.
The Associate Editor reports to the Editor in Chief.
- Conceive, assign, edit and produce special reports and awards sections.
- Conceive, assign, edit and produce business executive profiles and other regular features.
- Manage the nomination process for awards events, including outreach to judges and awardees.
- Curate, format and repurpose content for digital and print.
- Serve as liaison between the newsroom and the events department, and act as the newsroom voice in content planning for business journal events.
- Edit and proof stories and other content for clarity, context, accuracy, spelling, grammar and consistency.
- Assist with the writing of scripts for awards events.
- As needed, write and edit news items throughout the day for the Business Journal’s digital platforms.
- Regularly participate in and attend Business Journal-sponsored events.
- Strong writer and editor
- Able to get and stay organized
- Able to manage several projects at once
- Creative planner
- Stickler for detail
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Able and driven to collaborate
- Ability to collaborate a must
- Minimum of 3-4 years editing experience
- Experience managing editorial projects
- Business reporting experience a plus
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply: https://bit.ly/3tGAZig