The Los Angeles Business Journal, the leading source of news and information for the Los Angeles business community, is seeking an enterprising and energetic reporter for our print and digital properties.
This reporter will deliver breaking new coverage of the companies and executives that shape L.A.’s dynamic business landscape. In this general assignment role, this reporter also will contribute features throughout each month and for special reports and special editions throughout the year.
The person in this role will report to the Editor and will provide coverage with context. The reporter is ideally a self-driving, deadline- and detail-oriented person enthusiastic about print and digital media.
The Los Angeles Business Journal is a weekly print publication with a 40-year history of covering the dynamic business community in L.A. County. The organization publishes content from the print edition as well as additional original content online, in daily e-newsletters and on social media.
- Build and maintain a network of sources and relationships with key players across the L.A. business community.
- Develop a deep knowledge of people, companies and business trends across the region.
- Provide breaking news stories and impactful features for print and digital platforms, often on tight deadlines.
- Pitch topics daily for print and digital platforms.
- Minimum of two years’ experience covering business or news at a print or digital outlet.
- Ability to deliver quality content and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of companies and people in the Los Angeles business community.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably with a focus on journalism or communications.
- Based in Los Angeles. Our office is located in West Los Angeles; while we are currently not coming into the office regularly due to Covid-19 safety precautions, we do plan to return to the office at a future date to be determined. Local candidates only.
For consideration, please email resume to email@example.com.