Fortune is seeking a smart and energetic journalist who will distill insights for chief human resource officers. Rather than reporting straight news, this writer will provide real-time analysis of the trends and major developments that are most relevant to today’s people operation heads. This writer will shape our CHRO Daily newsletter, establishing Fortune as a definitive and authoritative source on HR matters, including but not limited to: hiring, return to work, labor laws, building organizational culture, remote work, compensation, risk assessment, succession planning, and DEI issues.
- Report and write a daily newsletter aimed at helping HR practitioners drive their people agenda and lay the foundation for the workforce of the future.
- Use data to guide story ideation and pitch articles that best address the topics most critical to people management teams.
- Participate in Fortune events, focusing on action-focused discussions that confront topics like diversity, return to work models, employee well-being, and talent strategy.
- Report and write a mix of quick hits and in-depth stories on deadline, including short and long form features and profiles.
- Spot and capture broader workplace and career trends and communicate them simply and concisely to our audience.
The right candidate:
- Has a clear understanding of the challenges HR leaders face, the key role they play in executive teams, and brings a network of sources to lean on for reporting
- Embraces the unique opportunity to build relationships with readers and has a solid vision for how to achieve this
- Is a collaborative and original thinker who can quickly deliver insights.
- Has solid news judgment and a strong sense for what the biggest story is at any given time.
- Has expertise in corporate leadership, talent management, and DEI.
- Is a self-starter and able to write with flair and creative authority.
To apply, go here.