The Atlanta Business Chronicle seeks a reporter to cover health care, higher education and economic development.
The ideal candidate will blend traditional journalism skills – source building, sharp news judgment, interviewing prowess and scoop-driven reporting – with online and social media know-how. Reporters in our newsroom don’t just turn in copy. They include videos, slideshows and other multimedia components that advance the story and further engage our audience. They break hard news that sometimes sources don’t want brought to light, but they don’t burn bridges.
- Define a clear and compelling vision for the look, feel and voice of our products, including a thriving digital news operation, a printed weekly edition, and daily emails.
- Report and write short-form and long-form stories for the website and weekly print edition.
- Own the beat, dictating day-to-day coverage and thriving on digging out source-driven exclusives.
- Relentlessly develop sources and manage relationships with high-level executives and other community leaders.
- Scoop competitors on every story of any significance, not only telling them what happened, but why and how.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Desire and ability to break news and to identify newsworthy events and sources
- Strong analytical and investigative-interviewing skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to relate comfortably to a wide range of people, in person, on the phone and online
- A clear drive to develop sources and build audience
- Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure.
- Ability to leverage relationships with sources to deliver content that differentiates the organization from competitors.
- Multimedia skills, including video, photos, broadcast, on-camera, helpful.
To apply, go here.