Arizent is seeking a business reporter to cover large and midsize banks, as well as large fintechs, for American Banker, the preeminent news publication serving the financial services industry.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the banking business, corporate earnings reports, financial services policy and how technology is changing the banking industry. Essential skills include the ability to break news as well as to write longer analytical and feature stories on complex topics related to banking.
- Develop ongoing beat coverage of specific banks and fintechs, as well as particular topics about which you have gained expertise.
- Cultivate sources and generate differentiated stories about the banking sector, especially stories that illuminate business strategies, technological change and the impact of policy on the industry.
- Report and break news on tight deadlines.
- Research and write numerous articles per week, including forward-looking analytical takes and breaking news briefs.
- Collaborate with the National Editor, other editors and other reporters on both the National team and elsewhere on staff.
Competitive candidates will have the following attributes:
- A passion for news, ideally with demonstrated experience covering business, public policy or both
- The ability to write with clarity, insight, and depth in a timely manner
- A track record of working well under tight deadlines
- A sharp eye for what makes a compelling news story
- A strong understanding of how to generate scoops
- Proficiency in the tools of a digital newsroom, including a content management system (CMS)
- A degree in journalism or a related field is a plus.
To apply, go here.