As Creativity Reporter, you will work closely with the Ad Age Creativity team covering the latest advertising and marketing campaigns on a daily basis. This includes developing and executing new story ideas, as well as posting regularly about the latest in brand creative.
To excel at this position, the ideal candidate should have the metabolism for a deadline-driven, fast-moving newsroom with both short- and long-form writing assignments—as well as a working understanding of the advertising and marketing landscape.
You will be part of a small but growing team focused on excellence, willing to experiment, while providing a best-in-class offering. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to report on an ever-evolving industry ripe with a broad spectrum of audio and visual communication executions.
You would work a hybrid schedule from one of our office locations or this could be a work remote position from one of the states listed on the Crain career site. You will be working with a New York-based newsroom.
- Work closely with the Creativity Editor to ensure Ad Age’s key audiences are informed on the latest advertising and marketing news and trends.
- Write multiple daily short-form posts.
- Work on occasional long-form enterprise stories.
- Work with the social media and audience teams to help promote Creativity content.
- Assist editors in drafting and sending email alerts and newsletters.
- Refresh the Creativity homepage with latest stories.
- Assist with judging awards and writing awards-based content.
- Attend industry events and forge contacts in creative agencies/production companies.
- 5+ years of writing experience with a publisher, media company or major national brand
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to create content in an Ad Age voice
- Ability to be creative and offer new ideas
- Experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest) either personally or professionally
- Interest in social media and audience strategy
- Strong interest in the advertising and marketing industry
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Journalism, publishing or media background
- 3 years of experience in digital media
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Background identifying trending topics
- Creative writing ability