Fortune, which boasts signature franchises like the Fortune 500, Most Powerful Women in Business and the World’s Greatest Leaders, seeks a Social Media Editor to join its audience engagement team to help lead the development and day-to-day execution of Fortune’s social media and distribution strategy.
This editor will collaborate with Fortune’s writers and editors on everything from daily news to franchise launches. Daily responsibilities include using data analytics to develop new strategies, potentially launching Fortune presences on new platforms, and engaging the newsroom in best audience strategy practices. The Social Media Editor will also help lead newsroom conversations around audience strategy and digital growth.
Candidates will have a journalism background and at least two or three years of professional experience in digital journalism, preferably with branded social media accounts. Experience in social media within the entertainment industry, live events business and other related fields is also relevant. S/he should be aware of digital media trends, able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, comfortable working collaboratively and eager to learn.
● Serve as the the social media lead for the audience team
● Assist editors in assigning stories and writing headlines
● Follow breaking news and collaborate with news editors to promote stories
● Develop FORTUNE’s voice and posting strategy based on short and long-term data analysis and editorial goals
● Manage and post to FORTUNE’s social media accounts
● Train writers and editors on social media best practices
● Work with FORTUNE’s art and photo departments to engage readers across platforms with compelling visuals
● Identify emerging trends, networks and ideas in digital media
● Collaborate with newsletter writers and editors to promote FORTUNE’s newsletter offering and grow the audience
● Lead social media strategy, promotion and coverage of FORTUNE’s growing conference business
To apply, go here.