Fortune seeks a senior writer and editor to cover Asia/Europe finance
Fortune seeks an experienced writer and editor, based outside the United States, with expertise covering the business of banking and finance in Asia and Europe as well as the gyrations of the markets there. The job will writing and editing both daily coverage and deeply reported features, for both Fortune.com and Fortune magazine; contributing to newsletters as a writer and editor; and playing a role in Fortune conferences, both from a programming and onstage perspective.
- Have the energy and creativity to shape the way Fortune covers finance and investing as the publication expands its coverage of markets outside the U.S.
- Be familiar with the key players (individual and corporate) in global finance and investing.
- Have a sharp eye for the way technological innovation and change are reshaping the industries you cover.
- Be bold, and ready to write and edit stories with a strong voice and point of view.
- Experienced. You will have no less than five years’ experience in journalism and no less than two years’ experience as an editor of finance, personal-finance, or business news.
- Engaged. Your work ethic is formidable. Your competitive streak is healthy. Your collegiality is admirable.
- Digital. You understand how digital information is distributed today and are willing to tell stories in different ways for different mediums.
- Excited. Fortune is in expansion mode, with a strong point of view and a new urgency to our storytelling. You’re ready to embody and evangelize that mission as an editor and writer.
The position is based in Hong Kong or London and reports jointly to Fortune’s Digital Editor and Features Editor.
To apply, go here.