Fortune seeks a senior tech reporter for Term Sheet
Fortune is hiring a creative, enterprising tech journalist to own our iconic Term Sheet newsletter and report on mergers, acquisitions, and investment deals in the tech space as we follow the money from Silicon Valley to Wall Street. We’re looking for a reporter who can think critically about the forces shaping the business of technology and produce stories that stand out.
- Own our daily must-read Term Sheet newsletter and make it your own
- Report and write a mix of quick hits and in-depth stories, including short and longform features and profiles
- Break news and advance the story everyone is talking about with fresh insight
- Bring a tech point of view to newsroom-wide brainstorms and conversations
- Participate in Fortune events, including our signature Brainstorm Tech conference, with the opportunity to shape our live journalism on these topics
- Ensure our coverage includes a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and voices
- Uphold Fortune’s standards of journalistic rigor, accuracy, and fairness
The right candidate…
- Reads a lot of news from a breadth of sources and has a pulse on the most important stories
- Has a robust understanding of the major tech and investment trends driving transformation
- Writes clean, accurate, and insightful copy on deadline
- Knows how to work quickly, especially with breaking news
- Can juggle multiple assignments at once
- Brings a deep network of sources
- Is infinitely curious and always has a story idea ready to go
- Aches to tell important stories that hold those in power accountable
- Can explore a fresh angle on the topic everyone is talking about
- Is flexible and adaptable
- Can communicate professionally and effectively in a remote environment
Fortune’s headquarters is in NYC, but our editorial team is based across time zones and international borders. We’re working remotely right now because of the pandemic. We encourage applicants between the coasts to apply.
To apply, go here.