Fortune seeks a senior finance and investing editor
Fortune seeks an experienced editor with expertise covering the business of banking and finance as well as the gyrations of the markets. The job will include managing a team of six reporters; editing both daily coverage and deeply reported features, for both Fortune.com and FORTUNE magazine; contributing to newsletters as a writer and editor; and playing a role in Fortune conferences, both from a programming and onstage perspective.
- Have the energy and creativity to shape the way Fortune covers finance and investing. The publication is rebuilding its finance team and reestablishing itself as an authoritative analytical voice on these topics; you’ll guide reporters and writers in generating smart breaking-news takes, long-form narratives and scoops.
- Know the key players in finance and investing.
- Have a sharp eye for the way technological innovation and change are reshaping the industries you cover.
- Think globally, with a strong sense of how global and domestic markets and economies affect each other.
- Cultivate a network of outside contributors who will supplement our staff’s coverage.
- Experienced. You will have no less than five years’ experience editing finance, personal-finance, or business news. Additional experience as a reporter and writer are a big plus.
- Engaged. Your work ethic is formidable. Your competitive streak is healthy. Your collegiality is admirable. And since you’ll be managing one or two relatively junior writers, your patience and clarity of communication are impressive.
- Digital. You understand how digital information is distributed today and are willing to tell stories in different ways for different mediums.
- Excited. Fortune is in expansion mode, with a strong point of view and a new urgency to our storytelling. You’re ready to embody and evangelize that mission as an editor, writer and manager.
The position reports jointly to Fortune’s Digital Editor and Features Editor.
To apply, go here.