Fortune seeks a newsletters editor
Fortune is hiring a thoughtful and energetic newsletters editor to oversee our growing suite of 17+ newsletters ranging in subjects from finance to tech to corporate leadership. This is an important role in a newsroom that values kindness, experimentation, and telling good stories in any format. We are looking for someone with the collaboration skills to work with writers, editors, and stakeholders across a wide range of teams.
This position will involve building and implementing newsletter strategy across the portfolio and editing a number of email products. This editor is also the newsroom lead for our newsletter content management systems and partners with marketing and product teams to optimize its usage. We’re seeking innovative ideas about ways to maximize our reach and meet our audience’s needs.
- Serve as the go-to person for all things newsletters, from content creation to technical support, for the newsroom as well as product and business teams
- Edit and produce newsletters every day
- Help architect the launch of new and special edition newsletters and serve as edit lead for their development, promotion, and success
- Proactively monitor and evaluate audience data to help guide decisions regarding newsletter maintenance and growth
- Monitor newsletter and digital strategy trends to inform the development of our portfolio
- Identify, communicate, and enforce best practices and sustainable processes across the newsroom
- Serve as the point-person for staffing newsletters and training the newsroom in newsletter tools
- Ensure a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and voices are represented in our portfolio
- Uphold Fortune’s standards of journalistic rigor, accuracy, and fairness
We believe that business journalism is many things, and it’s OK if you don’t have previous experience working in markets and investing coverage—although that’s a plus. We can teach you those things. Above all, we’re looking for an editor who can collaborate with positivity, lead with empathy, and execute with efficiency.
The right candidate:
- Has proven experience working on newsletters in a newsroom
- Has experience line editing, whether for news stories, newsletters or other formats
- Has experience collaborating with teams inside and outside of the newsroom, such as marketing, sales, or product
- Has a good understanding of content management tools or the ability to quickly master new tools (familiarity with Iterable or a similar newsletter platform is a plus)
- Executes careful, considered judgment
- Is organized and deadline driven
- Exercises flexibility and adaptability, effectively prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment and juggling creative personalities
- Communicates professionally and effectively in a remote environment
Fortune’s headquarters is in NYC, but our editorial team is based across time zones and international borders. We’re working remotely right now because of the pandemic. We encourage applicants between the coasts to apply. The position will report to the digital editor.
To apply, go here.