Fortune is hiring a head of contributors to build out an important new division for our newsroom.
In this role, you will create a network of contributors, freelancers and thought leaders who can bring diverse voices and experiences to our readers. You will have an eye for the topics business leaders are passionate about, and create a network of experts to write about them. You’ll experiment with story ideas, have a vision for expanding a new team, and be excited to grow Fortune’s digital readership.
This is a leadership position that reports to Fortune’s Editor in Chief.
- Create a network of contributors, freelancers and thought leaders that can be tapped to write compelling stories, including advice columns and first-person experiences that help readers improve their lives and become better at their jobs.
- Be a “story genius” who has their finger on the pulse of what topics Fortune readers care about and find the perfect outside voices to write about them frequently.
- Expertly craft headlines, assign and edit stories from the network you build.
- Proactively find great discussions happening outside of Fortune and invite them to be discussed on our site and in our magazine.
- Grow and manage a team with the potential for international expansion
The ideal candidate would have:
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- An abundance of story ideas and interest in business, leadership, money and entrepreneurship topics
- Have previous experience building out a contributor network
Fortune’s headquarters is in NYC, but our editorial team is based across time zones and international borders. We’re working remotely due to the pandemic. We encourage applicants between the coasts to apply.
To apply, go here.