Forbes seeks reporter to cover marketing/advertising
Forbes is looking for an experienced business journalist to cover the marketing and advertising industry and its various leaders, technologies and dynamics.
This journalist will break news and report and write articles about marketing, including client-side marketers, agencies, adtech and martech companies, media platforms, and brand strategies, as well as cover major marketing industry events.
This person will assist in recruiting contributors for the CMO Network and will help with research, writing, and logistics for Forbes CMO Network lists as well as the Forbes 30 Under 30 in Marketing & Advertising list. The reporter also will be able to attend and report on industry conferences, with potential participation as moderator at Forbes CMO Network events.
The reporter will also handle social media for CMO Network as well as logistics for an ongoing CMO Network newsletter. The candidate should be comfortable with a fast-paced environment and comfortable with trying out new approaches to delivering content.
- Jump on breaking and major news stories that make sense for the Forbes CMO Network audience, and quickly turn around articles with sharp, story-advancing approaches and angles
- Aid in research and interviews and prepare for publication Forbes’ flagship lists related to CMOs, including Forbes CMO Next and the Forbes World’s Most Influential CMOs list
- Assist with research, curation and publication of the annual Forbes 30 Under 30 in Marketing & Advertising list
- Assist with the identification, recruitment and management of contributors to the Forbes CMO Network
- Help build, write and compile the biweekly (and soon weekly) Forbes CMO Newsletter
- Handle social media for Forbes CMO Network
- Assist with logistics for the ongoing Forbes CMO University Alumni Series
- Represent Forbes at marketing and advertising industry conferences and in other ways, as needed and appropriate
- Be comfortable writing multiple posts on any given day
- Clearly communicate across Forbes’ multiple editorial departments and contributors
- Track down sources quickly for interviews
- Show a strong facility with headlines and other display copy for any/all social media platforms
- Strong interest in and basic knowledge of marketing and advertising industry news, profiles and coverage
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or another appropriate field
- At least two to three years’ reporting and writing or editing experience
- Experience covering the marketing industry as a journalist or engaging in other activities that build knowledge about the subject
- Outstanding writing, grammar and editing capabilities
- An instinct and enthusiasm for identifying newsworthy, as well as shareable, stories that resonate with the target audience
- Understanding of the latest content trends and technologies, including content management systems like WordPress, Social Media and SEO best practices
- Past work in breaking news is a plus
To apply, go here.