Folio Magazine is looking for an experienced, self-starting, detail-oriented managing editor with a minimum of 8 years of experience specifically as a business/trade magazine editor.
In this role, you will assist the editor-in-chief with overseeing all aspects of planning, managing and producing the content for the monthly trade magazine, as well as managing the daily editorial operations of a 6-person editorial team.
You will also:
- Research feature story topics, industry business trends and business best practices to ensure all content is industry-specific, relevant to the audience
- Maintain daily contact with industry leaders and newsmakers, CEOs and other executives and be a public face for the company as a primary industry expert
- Plan/facilitate the long-and short-term editorial goals of the company
- Collaborate with the production department
- Assign daily and weekly objectives to subordinates and freelance contractors including editors, staff writers and photographer
- Attend annual trade shows and industry events
- Write long-form feature business stories and news articles
- Oversee the content and production of a daily newsletter with 7 to 15 news articles
- Proofread, copyedit and fact-check feature stories to ensure zero grammar or Associated Press Style errors are ever published
An additional minimum of five years of business writer experience is also required.