FitSmallBusiness.com seeks a tech editor
Marc Waring Ventures, the company behind the small business resource website FitSmallBusiness.com, is seeking a full-time Tech Editor to join our editorial team.
Recently named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, FitSmallBusiness.com is read by over 1.5 Million small business owners and managers each month. We are a profitable, NYC-based startup with more than 50 full-time US-based staff, with headquarters across the street from Grand Central.
The Tech Editor will manage a team of writers, assign and edit their articles, and drive the content plan for our growing software & services review section. The right candidate is an experienced editor with a track record of content ideation and digital innovation.
This role, and our company, offer a unique opportunity for the right candidate looking to advance with a digital content operation that’s expanding while others contract. Over the last four years, our business has grown from two partners working out of coffee shops to over 80 employees located across the globe.
We are profitable and have a proven revenue model, and we offer the chance to expand your skills by working with our business development and marketing teams alongside your editing duties. It’s a stepping stone for a seasoned editor ready to move beyond the daily editorial calendar.
Responsibilities will include:
- Hiring & managing a team of writers – Manage and hire staff writers covering individual software reviews, software comparison guides content on how small businesses can choose the right software.
- Building aggressive content plans – Work with the team to develop quarterly and annual content plans that expand our coverage into new areas.
- Generating revenue – Coordinate with our business development team to facilitate the placement of affiliate partners in our content, while also serving as a check on our commitment to editorial integrity.
- Finding and growing our audience – Working with our marketing team to identify the right audience for our content and make sure our articles are optimized to reach the people who are most impacted by it.
- You should have a great network of sources from either covering or working in the technology world. You are passionate about teaching our eager readership how to make their small businesses succeed.
We’re looking for an ambitious editor ready for the next stage of your career, to gain experience on broader business operations while continuing the editorial work you love.
Sound awesome? Then this is the job for you.
Qualifications for success:
- You have a minimum of 3 years of writing and editing business technology related content.
- You have experience working with writers and generating great content while developing their skills.
- You are high energy, and passionate about helping small businesses succeed.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where things change quickly.
To apply, go here.