Dow Jones Newswires seeks rewrite editor in Singapore
Dow Jones Newswires seeks digitally proficient financial journalists to write, edit and publish breaking corporate and market news from Asia-Pacific. This is a fast-paced job aimed at delivering real-time news to the professional investors who need it. Candidates will need the versatility and confidence to handle market-sensitive news of all kinds, as well as edits under tight deadline pressure.
We are looking for journalists with experience in a fast-paced news environment and a background in corporate and markets coverage. The successful candidate must have both a strong sense of urgency and a well-honed ability to distill market-moving news contained in press releases, corporate filings, conference calls and other disclosures. Strong communication skills and an understanding of how to collaborate in a team environment are essential. Applications should include a resume, cover letter and 3-5 samples of company news coverage. This role is based in Singapore.
Reports to: Senior Publishing Editor
- Exercises strong news judgment in headline writing, editing and fast-paced publishing.
- Knows how to edit for accuracy and essential details while expediting publishing; understands how to enhance stories iteratively through updates.
- Proficient in numeracy, draws on deep financial knowledge, and is confident analyzing the data behind a story in real time.
- Demonstrates the ability to edit for grammar, style, sense, jargon, accuracy, structure, balance and fairness.
- Upholds Dow Jones standards and ethics.
- Recognizes the core audiences for Dow Jones Newswires, and their needs and expectations.
- Helps connect the content with the audience.
Digital media skills
- Easily adjusts to editing on different systems and platforms and various formats and styles.
- Proficient in using technology to enhance speed and efficiency of monitoring news, checking facts, handling urgent stories and communicating across teams.
- Understands the importance of proper coding and tagging for headlines and different types of content for different channels.
- Command of newsroom editorial tools, metadata and internal coding for Newswires.
- Takes pride in and ownership of his or her own work.
- Prioritizes tasks and time while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Meets deadlines.
- Collaborates with reporters and editors from other groups.
- Understands workflow beyond his or her own needs.
- Flexible in changing/handing off tasks.
- General awareness of how a newsroom works.
- Functions well within a team.
- Wants to learn new skills.
To apply, go here.