Dow Jones Newswires seeks chief Asia editor
Dow Jones Newswires seeks a dynamic news leader for its Asia operations.
We are looking for someone with deep knowledge of APAC markets and companies, as well as a passion for real-time coverage, deep insights into the minds of traders, and experience managing and motivating effective and creative teams.
This role oversees all of the Newswires’ editing and reporting operations in the region, where we serve a diverse mix of sophisticated market professionals. You’ll need to be able to direct our coverage to meet their needs, whether they are high-touch wealth advisers, data-driven quantitative analysts or major institutional investors.
As the chief of our Newswires coverage in Asia, this editor is part of our global leadership team and will play a significant role in setting and implementing our strategic vision, leading innovation and ensuring that our teams meet customer expectations for the quality, urgency and scope of our coverage.
We are looking for someone who thrives on urgency while remaining cool under pressure. The right candidate will be equally skilled at bringing out the best in veteran financial journalists and helping those with less experience gain the knowledge and know-how to reach their full potential. This is an opportunity to help enhance and expand coverage by the global authority in financial journalism.
- Exercises exceptional news judgment in editing and fast-paced publishing.
- Oversees editors’ work and helps them make progress and learn.
- Upholds Dow Jones standards and ethics.
- Understands WSJ’s brand, content and various digital and print platforms.
- Thoroughly understands the core audiences for Dow Jones Newswires, and their needs and expectations.
- Helps connect the content with the audience.
- Leads day-to-day operations and ensures strategy is being followed.
- Makes coverage decisions and organizes colleagues to execute plans.
- Coordinates globally across all platforms to ensure Newswires needs are met.
- Represents Newswires when needed in matters involving customers, sales, product and interdepartmental planning.
- Acts as an arbiter on decisions related to news distribution.
- Collaborates with newsroom leaders and editors from other groups.
- Communicates precisely and able to arbitrate issues and conflicts with compassion.
- Oversees the work of other Newswires leaders and editors.
- Manages workflow and participates in performance reviews.
- Assists in coaching individual leaders, editors, reporters and writers.
- Identifies training opportunities, plans and leads training presentations as needed.
- Leads by example and works well across teams.
- Proactive rather than reactive.
- Full command of publishing platforms, newsroom editorial tools, metadata and coding.
- Understands the importance of proper coding and tagging for headlines and different types of content for different channels.
- Well versed in the use of technology and systems to customize news feeds, filter content, improve the user experience and measure audience engagement.
- Proficient in using technology to enhance speed and efficiency of monitoring news, checking facts, and coordinating across teams.
To apply, go here.