CQ Roll Call is seeking an energy and environment reporter for its digital and print products.
The job requires knowledge of Congress, federal agencies such as the EPA, and the Departments of Energy and Interior, as well as the federal regulatory process.
- Keep CQ and Roll Call subscribers informed about news on energy and environmental policy out of Congress and the federal agencies
- Demonstrate expertise about Congress, the White House, federal agencies and politics
- A fast-paced, subscriber-focused newsroom where stories are told via two websites, a newspaper that publishes when Congress is in session, newsletters in front of and behind a paywall, and policy-oriented audio, podcasts and videos
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related disciplines, or equivalent work experience
- 5 + years of experience covering Congress and federal agencies for news organizations
- A proven track record of breaking news on the energy or environment beat
- Ability to balance news-of-the-day and enterprise reporting
- Ability to write accurately, concisely and engagingly under deadline pressure
- Ability to write and file for multiple platforms and the ability to analyze data to inform your reporting
All applicants must submit 5 writing samples published in newspapers, news websites, magazines or news websites. These samples can be added as links in the ‘Additional Information’ section when you click ‘Apply for this Job’, or you can email these Samples to Recruiting@Fiscalnote.com, with your Name and Position Applied in the subject line.
A timed writing test, a test of congressional knowledge, and an AP style test will be required to advance to interviews with the team.