CNNMoney seeks personal finance reporter
CNNMoney, CNN’s fast-growing digital platform for business news, is hiring a writer who will play a key role leading our service journalism.
Our mission is to bring personal finance content to the masses – and specifically to the Millennial audience – in a fresh, accessible, and relevant way.
You’ll be focusing mostly on saving and spending (budgeting, credit cards, debt), but casting a wide net to make all facets of managing your money current and viral.
You are a personal finance junkie who gets excited about budgets, saving, financial independence, and credit card strategizing. CNNMoney is the hub of CNN’s global business coverage and programming and is expanding. This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting venture.
What will you be doing?
- Writing features and trend pieces on spending, saving, budgeting, credit cards and more
- Being on top of the latest trends in personal finance
- Focusing on Millennials and honing in on personal finance stories that speak to them
- Finding ever more creative ways to tell stories beyond text pieces
- Working closely with editors, video and TV journalists, designers, and programmers to ensure your stories are seen by millions
- Collaborating with teams large and small to assist the growing CNNMoney newsroom.
What do we need from you?
- Ideal candidates will have 3 plus years of writing and reporting experience.
- Strong research, interviewing and writing skills.
- Some knowledge of financial markets and a keen interest in financial news.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast high pressure environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or related discipline or equiv. work experience.