CNNMoney, CNN’s fast-growing digital platform for business news, is hiring a Business of Tech Editor to play a key role in its New York newsroom.
The editor will run a team of writers and manage CNNMoney’s coverage of tech — companies and brands, CEOs and influencers, consumer tech, tech & culture; mentoring reporters; collaborating with video and TV teams; and working closely with designers and developers on product innovation.
Candidates should have a passion for news and demonstrable leadership abilities. CNNMoney is the hub of CNN’s global business coverage and programming and is expanding. This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting venture.
What will you be doing?
– Manage team of writers
– Mentor and guide career development of writers
– Generate, assign and edit news stories
– Serve as newsroom thought leader on markets and economy
– Work closely with other editors to plan and coordinate coverage
– Work closely with other CNN digital and TV teams in US and abroad to coordinate coverage
What do we need from you?
– Minimum 8+ years of editorial experience
– An obsession with business and economy news
– Strong editing skills – Management and leadership abilities
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to work in a fast high pressure environment
– Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
To apply, go here.