CNNMoney.com seeks associate editor in India
CNNMoney.com is looking to recruit an editor to join the CNN bureau in New Delhi.
The post is vital to our news coverage of the world’s fastest growing major economy. It is also a global role, providing CNNMoney with extra firepower on U.S. breaking news overnight, and the ability to create more cross-platform business content across Asia.
Reporting to the international managing editor, the India editor will:
– Continue to develop our coverage of India and south Asia, writing smart takes on daily top business and finance news, and generating relevant enterprise storylines.
– Go beyond the big macro numbers to tell the story of India, and other countries in the region, by focusing on the people and companies driving growth and setting the pace in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
– Explain the challenges facing global brands as they try to grab an ever bigger slice of India’s growing wealth.
– Examine the big trends that are reshaping economies in the region.
– Work closely with the Delhi bureau, and other CNN correspondents in region, promoting collaboration in video, appearing on air as required, and generating ideas for series that would work across TV and digital.
– Help manage the production of CNNMoney.com during the Asia day, pitching in to edit and publish stories from Hong Kong and New York as required, and liaising closely with the London team to assign breaking news.
-At least 3-5 years of on-the-job newsroom experience
-Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in journalism or related field
-Excellent news judgement, time management skills and attention to detail
-Proficient in using social media
-Good people skills, drive and determination and an ability to coordinate across regional hubs
-Sound understanding of economic impact of events and issues across Asia Pacific
We offer a rewarding career and attractive remuneration package. Interested candidates, please send full curriculum vitae with details of existing and expected salary by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.