CNN seeks a talented Producer II to join CNN Domestic Programming in Washington, D.C.!
Your Role Accountabilities…
This producer works with the entire editorial team to help generate story ideas, report information and produce content for a domestic news show.
The producer in this role handles a variety of important editorial tasks based on the needs of the program each day. The producer may be called upon to find and secure bookings with important live guests; to work with correspondents to script and produce tape “packages;” or to plan and execute live segments, including pre-interviewing guests and scripting questions for the program’s anchor.
The producer needs strong editorial judgment with the ability to craft hard-hitting segment questions based on thorough research that help to shape the segment and lead to making news headlines. The producer must also be able to select key visual elements to ensure a highly-produced segment. Must pitch compelling and creative segment ideas.
The position requires a nimble journalist interested in breaking news, international relations and domestic politics. In addition to day-to-day editorial responsibilities, this producer may be called on to travel for short periods of time to produce stories in the field or to book guests in breaking news situations.
Your Qualifications & Experience…
- 6+ years experience in national or major media markets is required, with special consideration given to those with a background in network or cable news production.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- The position requires keen news judgment, a love of journalism and an extensive knowledge of basic television news production – including the ability to use non-linear editing software, an understanding of what makes a strong VO and the ability to write clear, concise and urgent scripts.
- Applicants should have relevant experience booking guests for live television.
- Control room experience is preferred and a strong interest in politics and news stories related to the federal government is essential.
- Applicants must be calm under pressure, excel when faced with a deadline and thrive on the chaos that comes with working in a network newsroom.
- A successful candidate for the position will be a critical and strategic thinker who is both creative and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- Must have the flexibility to work different shifts including evenings, overnights and weekends.
For further details click here.