CNN Business seeks Asia editor in Hong Kong
- Be the lead writer and editor for CNN Business in Asia, finding great news and feature stories on our mission, setting daily coverage priorities, commissioning, editing and publishing content.
- Ensure our storytelling is accurate and fair and puts the audience first, from the choice of headline to the use of imagery, data, video and other elements.
- Work closely with CNN correspondents around the region and editors in Hong Kong and elsewhere to stay aligned on newsgathering and longer range planning.
- Identify opportunities to contribute and commission content for sponsored series on CNN Business.
- Act as the main point of contact for CNN Business for other CNN desks and teams in the Asia region.
- Lead the CNN Business team in Hong Kong. Person specification
- Experience of reporting, writing and editing for a global digital publication.
- Experience commissioning content from writers.
- Experience leading teams and working across departments and borders.
- Strives for excellence and is passionate about business news.
- Good understanding of regional trends.
- Story ideas and an Instinct for stories that resonate globally.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate the ability and passion to manage a team that works inside a global news organization. – Chinese language skills would be an advantage.
To apply, go here.