CNET is seeking a full-time technology reporter.
This person will be responsible for helping to lead CNET’s daily product news initiative, keeping on top of rumors, announcements and important updates. This person will write, assign and help edit work from a team of four reporters across our tech news, tech product news and tech culture teams.
We need someone who is an expert with new tech, products, trends and the people and companies making news. The ideal candidate is someone who isn’t afraid of debunking conventional wisdom, comfortable explaining new technology and the social impacts of that technology to a consumer audience, and able to work well with a team of other smart, enthusiastic reporters and editors on joint projects.
- Follow daily news flow, identifying key stories.
- Write breaking news and assign stories to a team of reporters from across CNET.
- Cultivate sources and “break” key product news.
- Cultivate a team of reporters to help build out our breaking news initiatives.
- Support coverage during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Mobile World Congress (MWC) and various corporate events throughout the year.
- CNET reporters and editors seek out and participate in interviews with high-profile people, such as people who appear in CNET Magazine.
To apply, go here.