CNBC seeks senior social media editor
CNBC’s Social Media Desk is responsible for maintaining the business networks’ presence across all social platforms while also playing a critical breaking news function in our newsroom. We are looking for an experienced social media editor to help lead our social media team and expand our digital footprint.
This candidate will be expected to manage social editorial needs of both broadcast and digital, especially at times of breaking news. The candidate will also liaise with daytime shows and advise on the development of social media campaigns around special projects and initiatives. Given the dynamic nature of the role, we are looking for a candidate who is able to work flexible hours.
In addition to day-to-day management of the social media team, this candidate should have a background in social analytics and regularly provide analysis of key performance metrics.
• Manage CNBC’s main social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumblr, etc.
• Oversee and ensure that a social media editor is always on duty to handle breaking news
• Maintain social media best practices and update the newsroom on changes in policies and guidelines
• Work with the newsdesk to vet and approve social media and user-generated content for air and publication online
• Collaborate with digital and broadcast editorial teams on company-wide social media campaigns
• Experiment with new social media tools to expand CNBC’s audience
• Team up with CNBC.com editors to produce live blogs for key events, conferences, and breaking news
• Contribute editorial content (ie: Storify) to CNBC.com where needed
• Provide social media training to shows, producers, and editors in the newsroom
• Report regularly on social media successes using available analytics/data
• Must be able to work early hours
To apply, go here.